February Media Education with WBTV-LP, Burlington:
- The Art of Radio Documentary 1 –Intro to Storytelling \ Monday, February 1, 5:30-7 p.m. (suggested donation of $25)
- The Art of Radio Documentary 2–Audio Editing \ Wednesday, February 17, 5:30-7 p.m. (suggested donation of $25)
- Make Non-Profit PSAs that Rock with Audrey & DJ Llu \ Tuesday, February 23, 3-5p.m. (suggested donation of $25)
- The Art of Radio Documentary 3–Putting it All Together \ Tuesday, February 23, 5:30-7 p.m. (suggested donation of $25)
- WBTV-LP Unplugged with Dom Berrini of WRUV’s Exposure Show \ Thursday, February 25, 6-7 p.m. (free)
- WBTV-LP’s Burlington Radio Mingles \ Mondays, February 8 & 22 at 5:30 p.m.-6:30p.m. (free, public drop-in)
All classes and workshops are held at the RETN & VCAM Media Factory education space located at 208 Flynn Ave. Suite 2-G. Prior membership with RETN or VCAM is not required, but is encouraged, as you can use their media-making gear and editing programs to further your learning and work.
The Art of Radio Documentary 1,2, and 3 – Tuesdays, February 1, 17 and 23, 5:30-7 p.m.
Led by WBTV-LP Programming Chair Ari Erlbaum, this series of three workshops this month will teach you the process of creating a radio documentary piece! More details coming soon! Come for one or all three of the sessions to focus on storytelling (1st), audio editing (2nd), and/or putting it all together (3rd).
Size: 1 or more students l Duration: 1.5 hours
A suggested donation of $25 is asked for each session to help fund the WBTV-LP, Burlington radio station project. VCAM membership is NOT required, these are open to the public and any age, and donation can be paid at time of workshop in cash or check or pay by credit card by registering here.
Make Non-Profit PSAs that Rock with Audrey & DJ Llu \ Tuesday, February 23, 3-5p.m.
PSAs are still the most powerful way for you to tell the story of your cause, issue, or non-profit. Make it easy for local radio to play it by giving them a PSA that you make. This workshops will teach you:
- the hands-on skills of writing, recording, and editing a PSA;
- one-on-one support for learning Garageband (the audio program);
- and group feedback on how to make it really stand out.
- Plus, we will teach you where else your PSA can be heard beyond regular radio.
This is a GREAT workshop for local non-profits-held during a work day, right in Burlington!
This two-hour workshop will be offered Tuesday, February 23, 3-5 p.m. at VCAM/RETN’s new Media Factory space at 208 Flynn Ave.
Facilities, Materials, and Payment:
Macs are available for use during the workshop or we recommend that you bring your own (with Garageband already installed of course).
Open to the public and sliding scale of $25 requested to help fund the WBTV-LP, Burlington radio project.
VCAM membership is NOT required and donation can be paid at time of workshop in cash or check or pay by credit card online. Register here.
Size: 6 students l Duration: 2 hours
WBTV-LP Unplugged with Dom Berrini of WRUV’s Exposure Show \ Thursday, February 25, 6-7 p.m.
Ever seen radio made live? Well now you can! Come to our take of MTV’s Unplugged series, but with local radio-makers and creative types being interviewed by WBTV-LP leaders in front of an audience. These are intimate settings, where you can interact with the guest and others to explore the creative process behind some of the coolest media projects in Vermont.
Hosted in the RETN & VCAM Media Factory space at 208 Flynn Ave. suite 2-G, these are events are free and open to the public!
WBTV-LP’s Burlington Radio Mingles \ Mondays, February 8 & 22 at 5:30 p.m.-6:30p.m.
Are you a radio person – on the air at a local station or a listener? Looking to connect with other radio “people?” and talk radio, get involved in the WBTV-LP, Burlington station building process, and more? These free, drop-in mingles are for you!