New this month, we are offering a basic audio editing workshop in Garageband, taught by two local WRUV DJs and podcasters – DJ Llu & Audrey Homan. Garageband is a surprisingly powerful and easy to use audio editing software (that comes preinstalled on all macs) that you can use to create music, edit audio, create podcasts, PSAs, and more. We won’t tackle music making in this one, but we will make you the next podcast star.
This workshop will teach you:
- Laying out an audio editing project
- A lay of the land of Garageband for basic features and effects
- Recording and importing audio
- Track management, levels, and layering your sounds
- Track edits, transitions, and soundwaves
- Exporting and sharing your project for use for a variety of online formats
This 1 1/2 hour workshop will be offered Monday, August 24 at the VCAM studios and there is a suggested donation of $25 (sliding scale) asked per participant to help fund the 99.3FM, WBTV-LP radio project.
Facilities, Materials, and Payment:
Macs are available for use during the workshop or we recommend that you bring your own (with Garageband already installed of course). VCAM membership is NOT required and donation can be paid at time of workshop in cash or check. If you would rather pay by credit card, contact Llu to set it up. Call today to register for this workshop or any of the others: 802-861-9692.
Size: 2-6 students l Duration: 1.5 hours